Please see below for current vacancies. All opportunities will work towards achieving the outcomes of the Peoples Development Trust set to us by our funding partners (Scottish Government, Big Lottery, Clyde Gateway, and Glasgow City Council) including:
- Advancing community development (including urban regeneration);
- Advancing environmental protection and improvement;
- Providing recreational facilities. and;
- Advancing education and in particular opportunities for learning.
If you need support to apply for this role or others please visit our Job Club, every Wednesday at The Legacy Hub 9am-12am & 1pm – 4pm.
Early Learning & Childcare Graduate Lead Practitioner
|Post Title:||Early Learning & Childcare Graduate Lead Practitioner||Post No:||N/A|
|Job Family||Education early years, Social Renewal, Learning and People Development|
|Reports to:||Head of Early Learning and Childcare|
|Location:||301 Springfield Road, Glasgow, G40 3LJ|
|Contract||Full time (35 Hours per week) initially funded for 1 year|
|Salary||£26,000 pa + 2% pension|
|Application Deadline||22nd July 2018
Interviews expected to take place week starting 30th July 2018
Purpose of Post
The Family Legacy are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and motivated graduate who can help drive forward our aspirations of providing flexible childcare in the local community.
Summary of Role
As part of the Early Learning and Childcare management team within the Family Legacy nursery, the main duties and responsibilities of the post will include:
- Working as part of a team to deliver, and support the effective delivery of, quality early learning and development
- Supporting the effective delivery and development of the curriculum to raise attainment for the children attending
- Support others to enhance understanding in children’s well-being and nurture
- Promote practice throughout the establishment which is broad and balanced and based on the principles of Curriculum for Excellence
- Integrate family learning within the curriculum across both the establishment and home environment
- Working with others within the establishment, and parents or carers, to develop strategies which support learning
- Support the delivery of collegiate practice and teamwork across the establishment
- Liaise and co-ordinate services with relevant partners and stakeholders to improve outcomes for learners
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate plans and programs to ensure the needs of all service users are being met
This description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with this job. It is not exhaustive and the job holder will be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the post.
The People’s Development Trust is a Company Ltd by Guarantee, registered in Scotland No SC404876. v Scottish Charity SC043034. The PDT is funded by Big Lottery, Scottish Government, Glasgow City Council, Clyde Gateway, European Social Fund.
We are always looking for volunteers to join our team to support our local communities in adult learning, employability, computing and ICT, youth work and in supporting other community projects and events.
Everyone who volunteers with us will be offered training and given the option to work towards an SCQF rated Community Achievement Award through Kelvin College, supported by us.
Ask us for more info
If you would like to get in touch with us and submit an interest for any future vacancies
please fill in the contact form (Click Here).
Alternatively you can contact us on 0141 556 4776 or
The Legacy Hub, 301 Springfield Road, Glasgow, G40 3LJ.